One of my favorite read in Emily Dickinson's poems is "Tell all the Truth but tell it slant" and
"Success
is counted sweetest". I think it is important to tell the truth to other
people but do not tell it directly. Telling the truth slant is that you just
get around the entire truth without lying. I like the part in the poem where it
gives example about children fear of lightning and we fear the truth. But in
the end, the fear eases because the child is given an explanation to the scary
lightning. Children won’t be calm until the lightning is over. In my
opinion, Success is counted sweetest is really a sad and grief story.
The purple host died and was not able to participate and enjoy the win. Moreover, the
sound of the victory on their side and he cannot see the success. The meaning
in the poem touched my heart. Therefore, Tell all the Truth but tell it slant
and Success is counted sweetest is the ones I enjoy the most reading in
quarter two.
No comments:
Post a Comment